CVSC is hiring a short-term Regional Field Director to assist in the launch an ambitious statewide campaign to reform energy policy in South Carolina and build a clean energy future. This is a full-time temporary contract position from February 2018 through November 2018, with the potential for long-term employment.
The Regional Field Director will be responsible for implementing CVSC’s 2018 communications and field plan in one of several strategic regions across the state. The Regional Field Director’s primary responsibilities will be building grassroots support for the campaign, driving citizens to take action in support of our bold agenda, and managing a small team of Field Organizers.
We are seeking to fill this position immediately.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that addresses how your expertise matches the job description and why you want to work to protect the air, land, and water of South Carolina to William Mitchell at email@example.com with Regional Field Organizer in the subject line.
Position: Regional Field Director
Start date: Feb. 2018
End date: Nov. 2018
Location: South Carolina – preferably Horry, Florence, Aiken, Oconee, Greenville, or Charleston Counties
Salary/Benefits: This is a contact position paying $3,500 a month.
Application Closing Date: Rolling until filled
Conservation Voters of South Carolina Education Fund (CVSCEF) is a statewide conservation nonprofit supported by South Carolinians who are committed to protecting our state’s air, land, and water. We are dedicated to maximizing the participation of conservation-minded citizens in public policy decisions made at the state and local levels to protect our environment and natural resources.
About Our Ambitious Vision for South Carolina
In 2018, CVSCEF is launching an ambitious statewide campaign designed to drive investment in renewable energy, grow our state’s economy, and bring more accountability to government. Taking advantage of the current political climate surrounding the abandonment of the V.C. Summer nuclear project, we plan to ignite the next generation of conservation advocates and empower our network of conservation voters with the tools and training they need to build a better energy future for South Carolina. We are currently looking to fill several Regional Field Director positions on our campaign’s field team, and this is a great opportunity to work on the ground floor.
About the Position
Responsibilities will include:
● Recruiting and managing teams of volunteers to take action with the campaign
● Managing a small team of Field Organizers
● Work with grasstops and community leaders to build support for the campaign
● Canvassing neighborhoods to educate citizens on our agenda and drive them to take action with the campaign
● Organizing events designed to generate earned media and provide opportunities for citizens to engage with the campaign
● Generating LTE’s, Op-Eds, and Editorials in support of the campaign
● Attending Gubernatorial candidate events as a representative of the campaign
Qualities we’re looking for in an ideal candidate include:
● A entrepreneurial spirit with a creative approach to engage communities and plan events
● Strong organizational skills and experience working with volunteers
● Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, phone demeanor, and interpersonal skills
● Ability to multi-task and prioritize a number of projects
● Team player with collaboration skills
● Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
● Ability to work remotely with nontraditional hours, including some nights and weekends
● Ability to self-motivate to meet goals, objectives, and deadlines
Even better if you have experience:
● Working on political/issue campaign experience
● Engaging and collaborating with community organizations
● Existing local networks and relationships to bring to the table
● Managing events and coordinating projects